Mithril
Thomas Koenig
2019-04-21 11:21:00 UTC
I have always wondered what Mithril is; Platinum does not have
the necessary tensile strength, nor is it light.

Maybe it has now been reinvented, as a Aluminium-Copper-Lithium alloy,
such as https://www.scientific.net/MSF.794-796.1050 .
Paul S Person
2019-04-21 16:46:20 UTC
On Sun, 21 Apr 2019 11:21:00 -0000 (UTC), Thomas Koenig
Post by Thomas Koenig
I have always wondered what Mithril is; Platinum does not have
the necessary tensile strength, nor is it light.
Maybe it has now been reinvented, as a Aluminium-Copper-Lithium alloy,
such as https://www.scientific.net/MSF.794-796.1050 .
This has been discussed in the past, but you may have to dig back a
couple of decades (if you can find posts that old online) to find the
discussion!

And, no, I don't remember the result. It's been too long.
--
"I begin to envy Petronius."
"I have envied him long since."